September 02, 2005

Something Blue..........

I think we are all sick of the news lately… watching the same horrors unfold over and over again. But fuck your bitching. I have to comment.

Here is the richest country in the world, the most influential. The bad ass. The first to put its hand out when it needs help, Iraq…. 9 11. And yet, so terribly slow for those living and dying in Louisiana. It amazes me. Watching the news coverage. All those black faces. It looks like Haiti not the southern states. Shame. God, it’s shameful.

The stories that are coming out of this are amazing. Terrible. As bad as the Tsunami. Interestingly enough, Canadians have not been so quick as to donate money. Perahps we think that Bush has spent billions on his war against terrorism, there must be deep pockets to clean up the US back yard.

I wonder how this will affect those people down there. What the long term implications will be. Interestingly enough, it’s the poorest and most uneducated population that voted in Bush. How sweet he was when he was courting them, how non existent when they needed his support the most.

I am so proud to be Canadian.


G.

4 comments:

Maverick said...

Nice :)

Good one...go for it..

goddamn Bush

Maverick said...

Though this might be interesting


type "failure" in google... and see what the first match is !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Um thats called google bombing.
Try googling that.

Anonymous said...

I know. There wasnt much hands on I could do. Matthew and I donated money, though. If it werent for the people of America, those people would be helpless. Its the charities, and people opening their homes that are saving their lives. I have never been so dissipointed in the American Goverment. And that is saying a lot... But still. A small part of me is still proud to be an America, because when all else fails, the civilians come together. I think it is really what keeps us all here. It makes me sad though, like you said, and Ive been saying for days now, unfortunately, it is the same people that voted for him that are suffering now. He decieved them, horribly.