July 08, 2008

What Has Been Keeping Me Busy



Lucy. (Her recall is so great with this name, we are reluctant to change it... Lucy would not have be my first choice.) Lucy is 10 months old and has made her way to us from Regina. Her previous family could no longer take care of her ... if you know Jack Russells you know how intense they can be.
Friends of mine drove out with her on their vacation. Included in this was another Jack, Cooper. (Cooper started this entire love affair for me.) Two women. Two Jacks. One crowded van. I had many texts along the way...
When she arrived it was instant love. I saw only a few pictures of Lucy prior to adopting her, but it was the ears that did me in. It is her imperfection and one of the reasons she is considered "pet stock". And we all know how I feel about imperfections.
When she curls up beside me I am reminded of the black and orange caterpillars that turn into a ball of prickly soft color when touched. Lucy is a caramel version.
Happiness is coming home to a wagging tail.
G.