June 05, 2005

Confession

Something wonderful happened to me this weekend… but I have let something shitty overshadow it.

Why is it we do this?

Accomplishing our goals… defeating some fear that has taken root… striving and succeeding. And yet, when the simplest of threads starts to pull, we pick at it… prying out the ugliness until that is all we see.

Ok, that might be a bit dramatic. But you get my point.

I completed a four hour exam on Saturday. Finished it. (Barely) And felt DAMN good that I had done so… and one phone call can set me off. Don’t be bored. That is all I am going to tell you.

Silly woman.

But that is why you like me….

I feel free of myself tonight. Tired and worn out. But free to just drift about the house, listening to….

Well it's times like these

I feel so small and wild
Like the ramblin' footsteps of a wanderin' child
And I'm lonesome as a lonesome whippoorwill
Singin these blues with a warble and a trill
But I'm not too blue to fly
No I'm not too blue to fly cause

The littlest birds sing the prettiest songs...

Perhaps one of these days I will quit these rambling ways….


G.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was proud when you told me you were going to take that test. I love the passion I heard in your voice, I wish I could have seen your voice at that very moment so I could see how beautiful you can be. I'll settle for some grainy naked pics though....
Tom

Anonymous said...

OOpppps, the second voice should have said face... damn one handed typing