June 02, 2005

The Road Behind, A Memory Best Forgotten....

(he says)


He says to me,
it is fucking beautiful,
this passion
this obsession;
my love for you.
(It’s a stone I threw
into the calm of his life
to ripple the water,
the waves stroking
to touch everything,
gently. )
He says
I am with you
in the moonlight,
in the bath, when you weep
so that no one can see,
in your car
seeing me in the fall leaves,
in the fragile moments
before you wake.
He says,
I love you
with my soul,
I adore the way
we are silly,
your curiosity for life.
He says,
I think about you
madly;
not a minute goes by
that I do not miss you.
He says,
Your body fits
with my own,
I remember
how your hair
rests on my arms
as you sleep.
He says, I ache
to have your heart
in my ears
in my mouth,
that pulse of blood
of true ownership.
He says,
baby.
He says all and everything
and I remember,
each moment
each inflection
of his southern ways
his eyes
on me,
his voice
in me.
(He says)

I weep in silence.

No comments: