April 10, 2006

What Dreams Are These...

I had this dream…

Music filling the air, liquid and hot… she turns her head to hear it fully, capturing the notes into strings that she can identify. A slight smile on her lips.

And when she turns, the light captures her shadow; pulling it away from her skin to reveal the upturn of her breast, the ripe pillow of her nipple. In her navel is a star, in the dark curl of her hair, dew captures the moon in tiny shards.

The music captures her, turning her back to me… she arcs up, graceful as a sparrow, pausing in mid air. She falls, cleaving the air and vanishes into the darkness.

My heart is pounding. There is sweat beading in between my breasts. I feel afraid and curious.

I will myself back asleep.

What was the music she heard? I hear it too, but not enough to know what it is, a ghost of a song. Why is she naked? Her skin lit blue by the night.

It is a strange dream and I wonder what she means. Or is it just the spring night, teasing me with the sound of rain.


G.

No comments: