September 18, 2006

Confession

My birthday.

It was a hard one to swallow this year. Hard for various reasons… and then I feel shallow for pouting. I have been given so much this year and then I behave like a spoiled brat.

What is another year, really?

I have been going through a job promotion/interview thingy the last few weeks and something I have to acknowledge is that I am more ambitious than I gave myself credit for. And secondly, I so want to be on the other side of the desk. The person out in the field, getting mucky and loving it. The heartache and the challenge.

By this time next year I will either be on that side… or I will be happy with that choice not to be. I need to quit thinking about it…..

So.

34

I need to see it up there as to not deny it’s existence.



G.

2 comments:

MB said...

Oh, just wait! ;-)

Belated happy birthday!!

Dale said...

Thirty-four. A lovely year. Happy belated birthday!