August 04, 2005

Confession

I wanted to say something about being lost.

It’s a quiet thing, a still place that we find ourselves. Timidly making plans, aching for the reality of coming home, finally. Seeing that things have changed while we were gone, but filling with that inexplicable peace when we walk through the door. In being found.

Letting someone in is difficult. For me, especially. I like the safety net of secrets. Those hidden shelves high up out of reach. Yet, there is this stubborn woman in me who says all that is bullshit. That to live life completely, there should be no secrets. Only surprises.

Love is something I was not expecting to find here. In this quiet place. The secrets don’t seem as insurmountable now. And slowly, I will empty those shelves.

I want a world where I am found. Every day, coming across that sudden happiness, like walking through the front door after a journey. Grateful. Unexpected.

I want my world with you in it.

G.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are times I need a smile, and so often you deliver.
Tom